Whether you’re cheering on your home team or just caught up in the World Cup hype, chances are you’re spending a fair amount of time watching the games on tv. But that doesn’t mean your fitness has to take a hit.
Here are a few tips to help you stay on track while you’re glued to the action:
1. Make a game plan: Just like your favourite team, you need a game plan to make sure you stay fit during the World Cup. Decide ahead of time what workouts you’ll do and when so you don’t find yourself mindlessly snacking in front of the TV.
2. Get moving: Even if you can’t leave your seat, there are plenty of ways to sneak in some movement during halftime. Stretches, lunges, and squats are all great options. Even just a few minutes of activity can make a difference.
3. Stay hydrated: It’s easy to get dehydrated when you’re focused on the game, so make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day to help keep your energy levels up.
4. Choose healthy snacks: No matter how health-conscious you are, it’s hard to resist snacking when there’s a big game on. If possible, avoid processed snacks and opt for healthier options like nuts or fruit instead.
5. Play 5-a-side: If you’re looking for a way to stay fit during the 2022 FIFA World Cup, why not try playing 5-a-side football? This fast-paced game is a great workout and can be played between watching the matches.
There are many benefits to playing 5-a-side football. It’s a great cardio workout, it builds stamina and strengthens leg muscles. It also helps improve your coordination and agility. And, of course, it’s a lot of fun. To play 5-a-side football, all you need is a group of friends and a quality Astro pitch to play in, that’s it!
If you don’t know how to play, don’t worry – we have plenty of 5-a-side guides that can help you learn the basics. So, what are you waiting for? Get out there and start playing, your body will thank you for it later!
The 2022 FIFA World Cup is an event that many people look forward to every four years. However, for some, the idea of sitting for so many hours at home or at the pub watching the games on television can be a bit daunting, but with these helpful tips, you’ll be able to stay active and healthy even when you’re glued to the TV.